How can Guide Dogs help?
Guide Dogs SA/NT is a registered My Aged Care provider of ‘Specialised Support Services – Vision’ for people who are blind or vision impaired. Our services are delivered through the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP).
Our CHSP funded Specialised Vision Service offers:
- A specialist, vision-focused functional assessment of your needs, related to your goals, conducted by an Occupational Therapist or Orientation & Mobility Instructor
- A summary of your specialist assessment
- Development of an individualised personal program for Occupational Therapy or Orientation & Mobility training
Who is eligible?
If you would like to increase your independence, you may be able to access our Vision Services with a CHSP referral if you meet the following criteria:
- You are registered with My Aged Care
- You are considered eligible for CHSP services by a Regional Assessment Service (RAS)
- You are aged 65 years and over, or 50 years and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- You are blind or vision impaired (diagnosed eye condition which is not correctable by prescription lenses) with a functional impact on daily living and independent travel
Guide Dogs SA/NT CHSP Specialised Vision Services are supported by the Australian Government Department of Health. Provision of CHSP funded services is subject to availability within Aged Care Planning Region allocations.
CHSP requires a client contribution for service to ensure that those clients who can afford to contribute to the cost of their care do so, while protecting those in need of additional support. Learn more at www.myagedcare.gov.au